Thursday, October 23, 2008

9/30

I am waiting for Tim to get out of the bathroom and finish messing around with this DVD before I go to Wal-Mart. He took another day off because his foot is still MASSIVELY swollen, his skin is so tight too, it's very hard to the touch. I am worried about him. He's been taking the steriods they gave him and they gave him a shot at the dr's yesterday too, but the swelling looks worse, if anything. He says if it is still swollen tomorrow that he is calling off again too. I kinda hope it is just so he can stay home with me, because I love having him home!

I have to make the Wal-Mart run to get supplies for making the practice cake for my SIL Dawn's wedding in two weeks. I am making the grooms cake in the shape of a guitar. I need to buy a much larger sheet pan, the fondant, the gum paste, and perhaps different icing colors. Tim was all "Why don't you just use icing instead of fondant?". I don't know when the last time HE tried to smooth icing was, but it is a royal pain to get perfectly smooth and level. No thank you. Fondant just looks nicer, that's why they cover wedding cakes in it. I am not so psyched about how much all the supplies are going to cost me, but it's part of my SIL's wedding present from us, so I guess I ought to just consider the money as going towards that. And I will be able to reuse the sheet pan again, of course. I am hoping to get the cake done completely before the kids get home since I have Tim today here to entertain the baby so I can focus on cake making. If it turns out nicely, I will make the cake again this weekend and freeze just the cake part of it in the deep freezer so that the day before the wedding all I have to do is cover it in fondant and put the gum paste decorations on and finish it off. So, fingers crossed that it turns out nicely. I don't want to be in tears four hours from now because it looks like crap.

It has turned COLD for some reason. It seems a bit soon for it to be getting this cold. The high today is supposed to be 68, which is obviously not that cold, but tomorrow it is only 58 and will be in the upper 50's for the rest of the week. I guess I will have to bust out the babies long sleeved shirts and pants sooner than I thought. I have managed to get all their new clothes washed and folded, and I still have to put away Savino's but I gave Jaden's to Chantal. All that is left to wash is the mountain of 2T - 5T stuff. I am holding off on washing it all until I have a container to put it all in to store it.

I'm so tired for some reason. I don't think I slept very well last night. Savino woke me up RIGHT after I fell asleep, literally moments after, at 1am. He drank most of a bottle and fell back asleep. I am dying for this kid to SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT. What will it take? I don't know. He's going through a picky eating phase which is so bizarre for him. Usually he eats pretty well, if not a ridiculous amount, but the last few days he has been turning his nose up at the things he usually eats, so I don't know what is going on. I think it's his teeth, but I hope it gets better soon because he's not eating very much. I think we are going to take him in to have his labwork done today. I've been putting it off for almost a month now, I really hate the thought of them drawing blood from my baby, but it has to be done because our house is so old and I would feel better having his lead levels checked. Our house is seriously old. I wonder if we would qualify for the EPA to do renovations or whatever it is that they do if you have a really old home. I should look into that, I guess.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com