Monday, August 18, 2008

Poor Savino, I don't know what hit him, whether it is teething or a bug or what, but he has a pretty good fever going. He was cranky off and on all day and slept longer at his nap than usual, but ate fine and nursed a lot and didn't refuse his bottles or anything. He doesn't seem to be in any pain or anything, but he is drooling a lot more and he keeps chewing on his fingers. I felt in his mouth but didn't feel any progress on his molars or any new teeth coming through. I gave him some Motrin during the day and then Tylenol tonight to try and make him comfortable enough to sleep well. His fever started at 100.3 this morning and peaked at 102 after his nap, but those were taken under his arm because my in-ear thermometer needs a new battery, so it was probably a little higher than that. I think you're supposed to add a degree to the temp when you do it under the arm.

He played and seemed to be comfortable enough most of the time, I don't think he has an ear infection or anything, but I am going to keep an eye on him over night and see how he is tomorrow. I hope he is not seriously sick! This is the first time he has ever had a high fever, so I am being over protective and hovering. I hope it passes quickly.

I did a ridiculous amount of baking over the weekend. Tim's mom had brought over a huge zucchini from her garden and I shredded it in my food processor (it was the first time I had used my food processor to shred and I was very impressed with how quickly it did the job!). I made a loaf of regular zucchini bread, a loaf of zucchini cranberry bread, and a zucchini chocolate chip walnut cake with a chocolate frosting. I also used up the last of the cranberry sauce Tim made and made a batch of orange cranberry muffins. Today I tried a quick foccacia recipe that turned out really well, except that I didn't have enough olive oil so the flavor was a little more subtle than I think it would have been if I had used all olive oil (I substituted veg. oil when I ran out).

I think the cooking thing is my Zen self defense against the drama. I can channel some energy into baking and cooking and I feel better afterwards. Of course, the result is that my kitchen counter is starting to overflow with baked goods. I gave Jay some of the zucchini cake and he loved it. You can't even tell there is zucchini in it, though I think that I overbaked it a little, the texture is a little more crunchy than I wanted it to be. Oh well. There are more recipes that I want to try but I think I better hold off until we've disposed of all the baked goods we have now!

Laila has been spending the night and I think I am just going to keep her here until school starts and that's that. Of course, she is going to be out of clothes again soon, but I'll just wash what she has and we will cope.

Tim's MRI is tomorrow at 4:30. I don't think that they are using that contrast dye this time, at least that's something. He has a physical therapy appointment on Friday too. Lucky him!

Haley has all of two days left to her summer. It just flew by! We didn't go to the pool enough, and we didn't go bowling enough, and now it's over, which is sad. :( Oh well, next summer we will be more on it. She had a pretty good summer over all though I think, she has become a little pool fish, she runs and jumps into the 16 ft. section of the pool with all the other kids, she can swim all the way across the deep end without stopping. She has really blossomed as a swimmer and really loves it.

Well, here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day. I didn't take any pictures today because I spent most of it consoling a poor hot little boy. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com