Friday, August 29, 2008

I am slacker extraordinaire when it comes to updating this blog. I try to copy and paste from my diary, but, well, I have a potty mouth in my diary and I rant a lot about my family and I figure no one that reads this wants to hear about all that and be exposed to repeated use of the F bomb (among others!), so that's why sometimes 10 or 15 days go by before I update. Oh yeah, and I am a slacker.

Savino's birthday is tomorrow. ACK! I no longer have a baby, I have a big boy. Excuse me while I go weep. I can't believe he will be ONE!! I remember this time last year, well, technically I was ASLEEP since it's 1am when I'm writing this, but I was very excited and nervous and anxious and extremely extremely pregnant. I was ready to have that boy! Now a year has gone by and he is the sweetest, funniest, most unique little man. He is so affectionate and loving and usually so happy to smile at anyone who looks at him, especially little old ladies in the store! He is so charming and though I am still eagerly awaiting the point when he actually sleeps through an entire night, otherwise I really couldn't complain when it comes to him.

I love playing with him, and making him laugh, and the sweet sleepy milky smiles when he nurses and how right in the middle of him playing, he will crawl over to rest his head against my shoulder for a minute before he goes off and plays again. It is the most loving gesture, it just makes you melt.

He has been an exceptional baby, and I have been blessed to be able to just enjoy his babyhood so much. We have such a deep bond, and I wouldn't change a thing about him. I get really wound up and paranoid a lot of the time because it feels "too good", I am constantly worried that something will happen to him and that he will be snatched away from me somehow because he has been such a little miracle to me. I never thought Tim and I would have any more children, that he would ever want to go through it again, and I don't think that we have ever regretted making the choice to do it again because Savino is everything both of us could have ever wanted in a second child. Haley is such a wonderful big sister too, and Savino loves her so much. She is always so good with him, and takes so much joy in making him laugh and entertaining him.

Aw, yes, I am a big sap. My baby is one! I am allowed to be! Tomorrow I will put together his 1 month to 12 month collage and I know I will get all misty looking at how he has grown. But for now, I leave you with pictures...










0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com