Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tim's sister called me tonight to ask if I would photograph her wedding in October. Let me remind you, I am already making the groom's cake, a guitar shaped cake... So yeah. Actually, I want to do it, just for the experience and because I would love to be able to capture some really nice photos, but I told her, look, I am not a professional, I don't want you to be disappointed in the end. I think she mostly doesn't care, she just wants a free photographer. I understand. But, I am going to scale back the size of the groom's cake if I am going to play wedding photographer too. I don't think it's fair to expect me to do a large cake AND take pictures. I told Tim this is going to be my excuse to get a new lens and a new flash! I can probably get the lens I want and the flash I want for about $300 total, less if I can find either one used or on super sale. We'll see. She wants to take pictures at this gazebo on the bike trail that is behind our house, but it is going to be October and I don't know how cold it is going to be. I guess time will tell.

Tim's new phone should get here tomorrow. I got him the phone he wanted and now he is very happy. I have to go out on Friday and pick up some cologne and a birthday card and the stuff to make his cake. I don't know what he wants, I think chocolate/chocolate but I am not sure. Probably I should ask! He is happy that he took the day off from work, and so am I. We can enjoy the day! He is bugging me about what I want for our anniversary though and I don't know. I can't really think of anything that I want, well, beyond a new lens for my camera! I just want to have a really nice day, actually.

Laila comes home on Saturday! I am so excited! I have really missed that little brat hehe. I am sure she is going to come home Miss Attitude from having three months being spoiled beyond all reason but I hope that she is happy to see us too. Haley is beside herself with excitement, she has really missed Laila. I can't wait to take her to the pool with us and hang out and do fun things! I want to take her shopping for some back to school clothes too. I hope that she will be happy to be home.

I am really struggling with my insomnia lately. I could fall asleep when I put Savino down to bed, at 8-9pm, but that is the ONLY time I have all day without a baby stuck to me, demanding attention, or wanting to nurse, or needing to be fed/changed/, rinse repeat. I feel like I would never get anything done, never have any time to myself if I didn't snatch that time up. But then by the time I force myself to bed, I am not tired anymore and lay there thinking about all the things I COULD be doing or all the things that I haven't done. Oh well. I will figure it out one day!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com