Monday, June 23, 2008

Yes, another food entry. We did grocery shopping today and I am really working on using more fresh foods/produce, so my fridge is overflowing with vegetables and freshness. Yay! Dinner was nothing special tonight, Tim grilled brats and we had strawberries and salad and mashed potatoes. But dessert was great, I made Marguerites that I saw on FoodGawker. They weren't as good as the ones on FoodGawker because 1) I only had 4 marshmellows and 2) They were stale and didn't really melt right. But they were still good! They will be better the next time I make them. They were super super easy. They took literally 1 minute to make from start to finish. Yay for a gas broiler! FoodGawker inspires me to try new things, I just love looking at all the food.

Savino had a HORRIFIC night last night. Oh man. I totally cursed myself. It was BAD. He woke up at 2am, and I had been up until 1am due to a combination of getting engrossed in my book and Tim. So I had an hour of sleep at that point, I got up and nursed him, gave him a bottle, and he was having a really hard time settling back down. I laid him down in his crib thinking he would just lay down and go back to sleep. Um, no. NO. I was up and down with him until 3am at which point I just laid down and Savino stood in his crib and talked and talked and then started yelling "DADADA" so Tim got up and tried to get him to go to sleep. He changed him, gave him another bottle, and after 20 minutes put him back in the crib. He was STILL awake and started crying, so I had to get back up again (and I couldn't sleep through Tim trying to settle him because Tim kept talking to Savino and Savino kept talking back). I nursed Savino AGAIN and gave him the rest of the bottle Tim made and finally at 4am he fell back asleep.

Except now at that point, I was completely awake. I laid there for a little bit and started thinking about what bills were due to be paid and got all paranoid that I forgot to pay the electric bill and so I got up at 4am and came downstairs and checked (it wasn't due until today) and paid it. Then I went back to bed and tossed and turned until 5am. Savino was up and wide awake at 7am. *sighs* I managed to keep him happy by letting him nurse off and on for an hour, between nursing he would crawl all over me while I held onto the back of his pj's so he wouldn't crawl off the bed. I let him play in his crib for about 20 minutes and he was happy as long as he had a bunch of stuff that I wouldn't ordinarily let him play with (the diaper rash cream, a book, my cell phone). I dozed off and on because I literally couldn't hold my eyes open. I was dying, I was so tired. Playing in the crib didn't last long though, and he was back in bed with me nursing AGAIN. Finally around 9 or so (I think) he fell back asleep because it was about time for a morning nap. He slept in bed with me on my arm and we slept until 10:30. Which is ridiculously late for us, really, but I couldn't function, literally, I had not gotten enough sleep being up all night. So it worked, and I was able to get up when he woke up, even though it threw our schedule off by about two hours for the rest of the day.

So yeah, sleep drama. I could do without it! Hopefully tonight will be a little easier. If he wakes up, hopefully he will go right back to sleep after eating. He was pretty tired when I put him to bed, so fingers crossed and knock on wood and all that.

I tried to do DITL today, I really did. I kept forgetting I was supposed to be taking pictures and then I realized that I suffer from anxiety about taking pictures in public. I felt REALLY self conscious about the few pictures I took, even though I just had my little point and shoot. *shrugs* I forgot about the time we were doing dinner and then I didn't do much of anything after dinner so there aren't many pictures there. I'll tackle editting pictures tomorrow or whenever.

I organized all my scrapbooking supplies tonight into that cart I was talking about that I bought at Lowe's. Um, yeah. I have too much stuff. I could have easily filled another cart. I didn't realize I had that much stuff! It made me really wish I could sit down and just go at it, I really wanted to. But I had too much other stuff to do. I am just trying to get all this stuff organized and put away. I have lots of pretty papers and stickers and things to play with when I do get time though! I also have lots of blank photo albums, I discovered. I have a lot of pictures, so I don't have any excuses other than no time.

Tomorrow, the pool. Again! We are all getting pretty tan with going out to the pool all the time. Savino is still pretty pale because I keep him slathered in sunscreen, but he has that gorgeous Italian skin that just tans right up no matter what you do so even he has a little colour, mostly on his legs where the sun hits them in the car. I wish I had that sort of skin, Haley has it and she tans instantly, I don't think I've ever seen her with a sunburn. Lucky them, at least they didn't inherit my pale burn-peel-burn-peel skin. I do tan, but very very slowly. Haley is itching to get back to the pool. It's been a few days.

Alright, I am going to force myself to bed and to sleep before 11:30 tonight. I need the sleep.

1 comments:

Gingerrose said...

I know what you mean about that Italian skin!! Anthony just glances at the sun and his skin is instantly two shades darker. I just get freckles and melanoma :)

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com