Thursday, June 26, 2008

Life Goes On

Been a few days. Life has been busy! I FINALLY got to do Therron's newborn portraits yesterday. They turned out very nice, at least Eleni was pleased. I wasn't thrilled with some of the results, there were a few that I cut off feet or were framed funky. Oh well. It's not like I was charging for them! It was fun to do, and Eleni swears they look like studio portraits, so I will take the compliment!

I've also been cooking up a storm. I managed to trick Haley into eating and enjoying zucchini! Woohoo! That is an achievement. I made zucchini fries in the oven and they were really good. Young zucchini cut into strips, coated in a combination of crushed corn flakes, grated parmesan cheese, garlic, and seasoning salt. Baked for about 10-15 minutes at 375. SO GOOD. I made them last night and tonight because I had a lot of zucchini and it would have been too much for one batch. I think I will make some bread tomorrow.

We went to the local farmer's market on Tuesday, and I picked up some local honey. I am hoping that it will help us all with some seasonal allergies, they say that eating local honey is supposed to help somehow. I also bought some really good organic onions too, they're teeny tiny but very good.

Savino and the sleep. Man. I totally jinxed myself. He's been going through this thing lately where he seems like he's asleep, but you lay him down and he instantly wakes right up and wants to play and talk. Tonight it took me TWO HOURS to put him to bed. He's exhausted when he goes to bed, he's tired and rubbing his eyes and everything, I KNOW he's tired, but he just wakes right up. I would pick him up, and he'd fall back asleep, lay him down, rinse, repeat. I just hope that since he took so long to get to sleep, that means he will skip waking up in the middle of the night. I am TIRED yo. At least Tim helped me out with it last night and got up with him at 1am when I had been struggling with him for an hour. I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open, and thankfully he just went back to sleep after Tim gave him a bottle and laid him down and rubbed his back until he fell and stayed asleep.

In two weeks we will be on vacation! We will be having three days of fun filled, well, fun! Three days is not much of a vacation, but Tim is off for almost two weeks, so having him home and around will ROCK. He has a three day weekend this weekend, but he has to work at the Little House tomorrow and then he's on call Saturday and Sunday. Next weekend he has another three day weekend. I am praying praying he can get this stupid house DONE. It needs to be done already.

I want a brownie. Don't ask me why! We don't have any junk food in the house either, I have cleaned it all out. Tim thinks that he is already seeing results from dieting, it's been... a week? Not very long to get results, but I am happy for him if it is really making a difference already. We always feel better overall when we eat super healthy, I've noticed that I seem to have a little more energy in general. But, I still miss the junk food.

I enjoyed not going anywhere today. It was nice to just chill out and have a nice day at home. Eleni came over and I printed out some of her pictures and made us lunch and we just hung out. It was nice and chill and relaxed. Just how I like it!

Pictures! Just a few, I ended up with over 400, but lost about 20 due to blur and a lot were just duplicates of the same pose or shot, just to make sure I got the shot. (Just for the record, in case anyone was wondering, this is my nephew, my neice/best friend's son, who is just a month old.)









I really want to get a new backdrop. I think that will be my next purchase because I can get a lot of mileage out of having a few different backdrops. I want a black or mottled grey one, something that is very classic and will be really versatile.

OK, it's late. I am OUT!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com