Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I don't know what wonderful sixth sense my son has that knows just when I need a night of uninterrupted sleep, but last night he slept from 8:30 until about 6:45 this morning. It was wonderful. I feel human again.

I just wish I could figure out what I can do to help him sleep like that every night. There was no one thing that I did differently last night, so I think it's pretty much out of my hands. But the upside of him sleeping good, other than me getting all the sleep I need, is that he is in a very good mood today as well. He hasn't cried once all morning, he woke up in a good mood and played with his toys in his crib and talked to Tim as he got ready for work, he played on the floor this morning happily while I did Haley's hair for school, he ate his breakfast without complaint and nursed, and has been crawling all over the floor the rest of the morning, wearing himself out (hopefully) for his nap. He's just in a very pleasant happy mood and not the terrible grump that he has been. Uh yeah, I could get used to this!

He is definitely the mobile baby now, we are going to have to seriously baby proof the living room again, he is a fast crawler! Shoes seem to be his main target and for some reason everyone (myself included) leave our shoes on the floor in the living room. That's a habit we're going to have to break. He is obsessed with shoelaces and everything goes in the mouth. Fun times!

I managed to successfully not go anywhere yesterday! Woohoo! That was an accomplishment. Of course, as a result, we are completely out of eggs, butter, milk, bread, and cat litter. Yeah. So I have to go to the store today, but I think I will wait until I pick Haley up and then just go and come back before dinner. We're having breakfast for dinner, at Tim's request. Pancakes! I could have breakfast for dinner five nights a week and not get tired of it.

Eleni came over yesterday a few times to hang out, once at lunch and then she brought Chyron over and had dinner with us. I could tell she is not feeling so hot lately, she is getting really big with this pregnancy (not fat, just big belly!) and she is clearly tired. I like being able to cook dinner for her and help her out like that. When she has the baby I am going to bring her dinner for a week and come over and do her laundry so she can just chill. We are planning to do her maternity portraits on Monday or Tuesday. I need to pick up a few supplies, some lights and put together a cheap diffusion screen. I am really looking forward to it, I hope we can get some really nice portraits out of it. I have to get serious about finding some new backgrounds/drops, but I don't want to spend a lot. I need to find a good cheap source for muslin.

I watched a video last night on how to set up some really inexpensive studio lighting and I am so excited to try it! I was looking into taking a photography class but the colleges (community) around here only offer online photography classes and I'm "what's the point?" about that. Pay $90 to read some papers online? No thanks. I guess I will keep looking, but I am beginning to think the only way to learn outside of a hands on class is to just keep doing what I am doing, keep taking pictures and experimenting and finding resources online to fill in the gaps. I also found a source for some Lightroom information, I love using Lightroom but I think that I could be using it more effectively. I'm not getting all crazy about this stuff, because this is still just a hobby, but the thought that "one day" I might be able to do MORE with it, is a thrilling one. I really do love taking pictures, and I would like to be able to take really nice ones. There are too many portrait studios in this town for me to ever really consider setting one up, but I could definitely get into doing family pictures and that sort of thing. In addition to doing Eleni's maternity portraits, I would really like to be able to do her newborn pictures for the new baby too.

I think it is going to be a really good day. I just have a really good feeling (probably euphoria from having a full nights sleep hehe). I feel like it is going to be a good month. That is a very good thing!

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com