Wednesday, October 22, 2008

9/28

Oh my. We are in funnel cake heaven over here. Instead of driving all the way out to the Pumpkin Festival this weekend, we bought a bunch of "fair food" fixings and had a festival dinner last night. We have been buying funnel cake mixes but Tim decided he wanted to get a good recipe to make them at home and I think he found the perfect one. The downside? I can't even LOOK at a funnel cake anymore. I had one last night and half of one for breakfast and I am on funnel cake overload. I think we are going to have to give away the other 10 that are sitting on the counter right now. Too many funnel cakes!

I don't know what the plans for today are, but I am sure they include cleaning, and probably washing laundry. I am trying to dig my way out of the mountain of laundry I have. I don't know if I wrote about it, but one of Tim's co-workers gave us like 5 big black trash bags full of clothes leftover from their yard sale. There were clothes from 18months to 5T in boys and then clothes in Laila's size for girls. And I mean a RIDICULOUS amount of clothes. As in, don't go buy anymore, whatever you do. And half of them still had tags on them, they were never worn. This was excellent for Jaden because he really really needed some nicer clothes. That poor kid, I could not dress him in clothes that didn't have stains on them or weren't really worn, unless I put him in Savino's clothes. So he needed it more than anyone. Most of the clothes are really nice Old Navy or Children's Place, and half of them are expensive Thomas The Tank Engine track suits and matching outfits. Lots of jeans and pants and t shirts too, so the boys are totally set until they are about 5 years old for clothes. I am taking most of the 18 month stuff for Savino because it's all Old Navy and really nice and that's what I like to put him in. There was a giant stack of 24 month clothes for Jaden and the 2T - 5T pile took two giant bags. Laila has an entire bag full of almost new really pretty girly clothes too, all the kids except for Haley made out like bandits. Of course, everything has to be washed though, and that means about 10 loads of laundry. Fun fun fun. I have made some headway, the 18-24 month stuff is all clean and Laila's clothes are all in the washer and need switched over and then I can start on Jaden's clothes. I don't know where we are going to put all these clothes, we don't have enough dresser space. Jaden just has three tiny drawers in the dresser attached to his crib, and that's it. Laila at least has some dresser space that we can probably cram stuff into.

Of course, now I can't buy Savino any clothes, really. I might anyway! I really wanted to get him the last few peices of this rock and roll line at Old Navy, even though he doesn't need them. They're just terribly cute! Oh well. I didn't think that it would be fun buying boys clothes when I first started shopping for Savino, but I was wrong. It is fun! It's just harder to find the cute stuff, I think. You have to wade through a lot of generic "boy" crap.

I am on the hunt for the right double stroller. I found one at a flea market yesterday, but it is an older side by side model, and I don't think that is going to work for us. I really wanted to get an inline double stroller. Well, the one I REALLY want is like $250 and that's not going to happen. I refuse to spend that much money on a stroller we probably won't be using for more than a year or so. I want to find one used. Ideally, it would be one where you can rearrange the seats so the babies face each other, and then they can keep each other amused, but I will settle for one that is just inline. Though, if I really can't, I will probably go back and get the one for $20 at the flea market, I don't think anyone is going to go buy it any time soon. We just need a double stroller so I can start walking down to the bus stop again. I've been having to drive the car and it really sucks to waste the gas to just drive around the block, but there's not another option unless I have a double stroller.

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com