Saturday, June 14, 2008


The littlest Fillon addition, Eleni's son Therron. He is almost 4 weeks old (3 weeks in this picture)


He is so so tiny. He was 5 lbs. 13 oz. at birth and about 6 lbs. in these pictures. Savino was never this little!


My foxglove that is growing in the front flowerbed. The blooms are so strikingly beautiful. The ones toward the bottom of the plant are the lavendar/purplish and the ones at the top are a very light cream with dark red spotting. Do you see the spider? I didn't until I was editing these!


Foxglove is a perennial, so I can't wait to see what it will look like next year!


The boy! Making all sorts of faces, as usual!


This one is blurry, but I love the look on his face because this is typical him, smiling and flailing!


I have to get a better picture of his hair, it is getting so curly! It will definitely be curlier than Haley's is.


Baby bath blackmail! He is looking at the drain switch and thinking how he can reach it and flip it before I intervene, hence the mischevious smile.


Attack! He loves to beat the side of the tub and yell all through his bath. It must be a boy thing!


Now that's out of the way...

Lucky Tim gets to spend his day out at the Little House tearing up the entire kitchen floor. How fun. The more he pulled up from where the leak in the water pipe rotted out the floor under the sink, the more he discovered it just needed replaced. God only know how old that floor was, but there was a leak under the dishwasher as well, Tim discovered a dead rat laying across some wiring so it must have been chewing holes in the hoses and gotten electrocuted. How lovely. So we are just going to completely replace the floor and be done with it. I don't know if peel and stick tile will be easier or getting sheet linoleum instead. Tim suggested carpet and I just gave him The Look. Carpet in a kitchen = teh wrong. It will take something like 11 boxes of peel and stick tile if there is 20 sq. feet to a box. I have to go to Lowe's and price things. We will have to buy plywood for subflooring, but we have enough floor studs. Tim is doing his best to get the floor pulled up today so he can start laying down the studs and then the plywood. Once we have all that done, the plumbing can go back in, we'll put down whatever new flooring we pick out and then the appliances and sink cabinet can go back in as well. Then maybe our poor renter can move in. Oh well.

I have done exactly zero shopping for either Father's Day or Haley's birthday. I guess I know what I will be doing tonight after the kids are in bed. I was going to try and go out while Tim was at the Little House and Chantal had Haley, but Savino had other plans. He was too tired and fussy, we just came home and he fell asleep and now it is time to eat. I doubt we will make it out before Chantal gets back. It's alright, I will just do what I can, and deal with it. Tim has to help Jay install ceiling fans this evening after he gets back from the little house, so I don't even think I can just leave the kids with him and go do it, unless I let him take Haley over to the house and keep Savino with me. That might work.

I have discovered that Diet Pepsi Max makes me sick. I think it must be the sort of ginseng they use in it, or the amount of caffeine. I drank some the other night before I started feeling sick, and then I had some this afternoon and almost immediately started feeling the same slight nausea and unsettled stomach feelings. Suck. Guess Tim gets it all to himself.

I am looking forward to not having to shuttle Haley around to a million different places next week. So far we don't have anything lined up for next week, we might actually be able to just relax for a little bit! Maybe I can convince Tim to put the trampoline up so she can jump on it. Oh, I do have to go to Eleni's to do Therron's newborn portraits though. I guess I have more to do than I thought.

Savino is a standing up boy now. He has started pulling himself up to a standing position on everything, his crib, the couch, everywhere. Soon the cruising will start, and from there it's a hop to walking. They get big so fast!

On that note, he is screaming, it is time for his lunch. Laters.

Edited to add pictures...

0 comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com